• When transporting a cylinder by car ensure that the vehicle is well ventilated and the cylinder is well secured.
• Ensure cylinders are stored in well ventilated areas, away from direct heat.
• Always wear eye protection when using a cylinder.
• When inflating balloons always point the balloon and inflator away from you.
• Remember to close the cylinder valve after use.
• Always use a proper trolley for moving large cylinders, even for a short distance.
• Always fasten the cylinder to a secure support in an upright position when inuse. Cylinders can cause serious injury if they fall over or roll onto you.
• Keep cylinders away from children at all times. Responsible adults only should use cylinders and other equipment.
• Do not deliberately inhale helium. Although not poisonous, this gas could result in DEATH by asphyxiation or damage to your lungs. This warning is endorsed by the British Compressed Gases Association.
• Never open the cylinder valve without fitting an inflator. Once the inflator is connected, open the valve slowly.
• Never use equipment which may be damaged.
• Under no circumstances attempt to repair any item of equipment.